Saturday, May 25, 2013

Happy Week-end!



It's been a fun week on the blog, lots of writing as part of the Blog Every Day in May challenge, I have enjoyed it very much.

My children now have a week's holiday and my plan is to be outdoors walking and exploring as much as we can, weather permitting of course.

I went to see "The Great Gatsby" last week and really enjoyed it.
It is impossible not to compare & think of Robert Redford & Mia Farrow but I thought the casting in this version was excellent, Tobey Maguire was particularly good....and visually it was stunning.

We've been out & about exploring Highgate today and the sun shone. it was beautiful.

We walked a lot....tonight I plan a long hot bath & I'm going to go to bed early with a large mug of tea and read for a couple of hours....
not very rock n roll I know, but sometimes it's just all you want to do isn't it?!

I just bought the fabulous Dan Lepard "Short and Sweet" baking book so plan to get baking this next week too.


I must give a mention to some fabulous chocolates that I received as a gift this week....
from Hotel Chocolat The Sleekster Caramel Selection is a truly incredible assortment of possibly the some of most delicious chocolates ever....
caramel cheesecake, trillionaires shortbread, shortbread cookie caramel, burnt caramel....
Beautifully presented (and available to order online), this would make a great gift for a chocolate loving friend.
(To see more of their chocolates, see here....) 
   
I hope you have a very good week-end & the sun shines for you too.  

Some lovely links....

a you've-got-maily-type afternoon

some of my favourite blog posts


a fabulous 40th birthday cake

chicken & rice for beginners

"Things I've Learned That School Didn't Teach Me"

a Spanish barn house

light & lemony custard cakes

a day off in Brooklyn

My "lot" in life








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...