Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Cruise Dreams....


Our summer holiday location, Villefranche Sur Mer, is a regular stop for cruise ships....
new ships are there most days, as we throw open the shutters each morning my son likes to check how many have arrived each day, anchored out in the Med, marvelling at their size & the number of people on board.

My children are fascinated by these travellers who pour off the ship, some taking the train to Monaco, some to Nice & some to the beach....
and in the evening, they head off into the sunset & a new destination.

 My children would love to go on a cruise and, I must admit having been on one myself, I would most definitely do it again.

I went on a three week cruise of the Caribbean some years ago with my Dad....
having got over my initial reservations of seeing it as a holiday for the over-80s, I had the most fabulous time...and of course, people of all ages were on board.

The ships seem to get bigger & better every year and there is something very exciting about waking up in a new & exciting location every morning.

I love the idea of cruising the fjords, sitting on deck wrapped up in a blanket, glamorously staring out to sea....or sunning myself as we hop from one Mediterranean port to another.


There are some lovely options to be found on the MSC Cruise page and some great deals on Cruise Kings.

Cruising has certainly become more affordable & is an option that has become increasingly popular with holidaymakers of all ages but to me it's a exciting & adventurous way to travel.

Bon voyage!

all images via Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...