Friday, May 31, 2013

Day 31 : "A Vivid Memory"


I still have one more day of the Blog Every Day in May challenge to go back to but today's 
post (Day 31, yippee!) is

"A Vivid Memory"

my earliest memories....
my brother being born when I was 2 years/2months old
the ivy covered tree in our second house in Wales
a large yellow toy plastic saucepan which had a long handle for a nose, we loved that pan!
the dress my mother's friend made me for the party I had when we left Wales for London


travel memories....
my first trip to Paris....and the flowers at the Georges V hotel
St Peter's Square, Rome at night
Venice in November
first sight of the Manhattan skyline driving in from JFK airport
the August heat in Miami
white washed cottages arriving from Athens on the ferry at the island of Poros
the sight of Balmoral Castle and the countryside, lochs & mountains around it....stunning
the beaches of the Gower Peninsula, Wales
the Coliseum, Rome
Michelangelo's David, Florence
Eleuthera beach, Bahamas


food memories
  pretzels, bagels, cheesecake, Vong, The River Cafe, Carnegie Deli in NYC
any pasta & all ice cream in Italy
La Coupole in Paris
paella in Spain
fresh bread & pastries, lavender ice cream & seafood in the south of France
my husband's Zia Lina's pumpkin stuffed ravioli
my mother in law's mushroom pasta & trifle


happy, wonderful memories 
the proposal....Central Park
finding out both times that I was expecting a baby 
my children being born
our first home together


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...