Friday, March 22, 2013

House & Home : The Perfect Kitchen


My Pinterest collection of dream kitchens grows on a daily basis.

It's interesting that since I have been writing my blog, reading other blogs & collecting pictures, 
my image of the perfect kitchen has changed quite considerably.

I would have always said that I'd choose a traditional kitchen but recently have found myself drawn more & more to modern kitchens with their clean bright surfaces and crisp lines.
Some is something so appealing about spaces that are functional and well designed and state-of-the-art appliances.    

We lived in a house about 12 years ago on which we did quite a lot of work, updating the kitchen was one of the projects.
We only lived in the house for three years but actually that kitchen had many of my kitchen essentials....
wooden floors, large range cooker, large windows, plenty of storage

If I could design a kitchen, what would it look like?
Probably it would incorporate many of the features from the images I've used in this post.

Lots & lots of space, the bigger the better....
I spend more time in my kitchen than any other room....besides cooking, I often work in my kitchen, my children do their homework at the kitchen table, it is the heart of my home.
I love a kitchen island and an old comfy leather sofa placed by a window ready for coffee, croissants & conversation. 

A huge dining table, the kind that seats 16 or more,
an old French or Italian farmhouse table with a little history would be perfect

Large windows & plenty of light

Bookshelves filled with cookery books

A fabulous range cooker, the kind you find in the best French kitchens. 
I love stainless steel appliances and
I especially like the ones that I found on this website, I think they compliment the modern kitchen and go well with a variety of kitchen styles.

Lots of storage space - both cupboards & shelves....
I do love hanging pots & pans, favourite dishes on display or on a dresser but I also love to be able to actually put items away, out of sight.

Character & colour....
whether it's with a selection of their cookery books, their unusual bar stools or colourful artwork, I love it when a kitchen reflects the personality of the homeowner.









(all images via pinterest)


1 comment:

  1. I simply stumbled upon your weblog and wished to mention that I've truly enjoyed browsing your weblog posts. office cubicles for sale

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...