Tuesday, April 23, 2013

One Year Older....


It's April 23 and today is my birthday!!

It's a busy week at home for all of us, so it was always going to be a "low-key" kind of day.

Thankfully I didn't have huge plans because for the last few days I have been suffering with the worst toothache I've ever had.....
actually, the only toothache I've ever had.

As I type I am sitting here holding a hot water bottle to the left side of my face :(
I'm too distracted by pain to even think about the fact that I am one whole year older! 

I have called my dentist but also made the mistake of googling "toothache" and now all kinds of possible dental procedures are rattling round my sore little head.

Yesterday I made a birthday cake, loosely based on the rainbow cakes I've long admired on Pinterest.
I made 4 sponge cakes in varying shades of pink.

I tried a new frosting/filling recipe which went wrong not once, but twice.
I used two sponge cake tins and, bizarrely, one leaked (I didn't even know this could happen with cake tins!) so two of the four sponges are slightly wonky!

Nothing that copious amounts of icing and butter cream can't fix though and doesn't homemade cake always taste better than shop-bought anyway....
it doesn't have to be perfect to be good!

And the weather in London is perfect today....
warm & sunny with blue skies.
It's a lovely day for a birthday....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...