Monday, April 15, 2013

House & Home : Cool Spaces for Children


I'm working on a new look for my son's room & found lots inspiration, as always, on Pinterest.
He's seven years old now....
no longer toddler & his room needs reflect that.
He has a lot of "stuff"....
lots of small bits & pieces such as lego, building items, trains, small cars etc,
so good storage is essential.

I think the best spaces for children - and what appeals to me most about the images below
feature colour, space, inspiration, storage and fun.
They should be simple and functional too.

Maps, globes, colourful prints....possibly his own artwork, are a great way of making it feel like it's their space.

My son loves to read too, so a large beanbag or a comfy reading spot would be perfect for him.

I'm still in my "white" phase and if I could, I'd love to paint his floorboards white and add a great rug....for now though, I'll have to stick with carpet.

So many possibilities....wouldn't it be fun to be an interior designer?!












all images via Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...