Sunday, September 30, 2012

Best of British : hush



hush has long been one of my favourite British brands,
known for its stylish, versatile & contemporary clothing & its gorgeous and luxurious loungewear.
The quality is wonderful & all the pieces of each season's collection mix so well together.

hush to me is the perfect combination of layering, comfort, luxury & style.


This week I will be featuring a selection of pieces from the hush autumn/winter collection, including my own personal wishlist....

October has arrived & and to me hush has the perfect wardrobe essentials for this time of year  

hush founder Mandy Watkins describes below her inspiration for this A/W collection....

"I wanted to create a brand dedicated to helping women enjoy their down time by not only providing them with stylish, comfortable clothes to wear but by giving them products and suggestions that help make relaxation that much better.

When I design a new clothing range, comfort and ease are always at the forefront of my mind. I look at what styles our customers have loved from our previous collections and if possible try to improve them.

I then think about what is missing in terms of basics. The idea for new basics often come when I’m shooting our catalogue. I dress the model and invariably find myself thinking this would be much easier if I had a top like this or a trouser like that. I make sure it’s there for next time. I then think about statement pieces, those styles that despite being easy and wearable also transform an outfit. This year the Goldie Jumper and Reverse Knit Jacket are two real stand outs.

Much of the hush range is designed around the concept of layering largely because it’s a look I love but also because I think it’s a really easy and practical way to dress. As a result, colour is really important. We try to make sure that everything in the range can be mixed and matched together. This season texture has also been really important. We wanted to give customers the chance to layer not just colours but contrasting textures."




                                                                           
                                                                                       
                                                               
                                                    
                         



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...