Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Summer Reading



I love books, they truly make me happy....they're the one thing I could never be without.
I have piles of them around my home, lists in my head of things-i'll-read-one-day & authors I haven't yet started on....
my "books-that-i'm-going-to-read-next" bookshelf seems to have expanded rather than reduced over the last few years....
I do sometimes worry that I won't actually get to read all the books that I want to read in my lifetime.

I usually write a "Summer Reading" list each year....see here & here 
it's usually made up of current popular fiction, recommendations from friends & followers plus books that I've been meaning to read for ages....

I've been quietly adding a day or two to our France vacances each August over the past few years....
and so more days = more books :)

I do know that a Kindle would be a marvellous & very sensible idea....
however, half a suitcase full of books is something I am much happier with.
And when I finish the books, I leave them behind as a gift for the next occupant. 

Here is what I will be reading this summer....


"Before I Go To Sleep" S J Watson
"Life, Death & Vanilla Slices" Jenny Eclair
"Me Before You" Jojo Moyes

"The Wicked Girls" Alex Marwood
"After You'd Gone" Maggie O'Farrell
"The House I Loved" Tatiana de Rosnay

"My Dear, I Wanted to Tell You" Louisa Young
"The Litigators" John Grisham
"A Fairy Tale of New York" J P Donleavy

"Suite Francaise" Irene Nemirovsky
"The Alchemist" Paulo Coelho
"A Hundred and One Days" Asne Seierstad

"Bella Tuscany" Frances Mayes
"Dreams of Water" Nada Awar Jarrar
"Cutting for Stone" Abraham Verghese

"The Island" Victoria Hislop
"The Wedding Officer" Anthony Capella
"The Piano Tuner" Daniel Mason

"Life of Pi" Yann Martel
"The Interpretation of Murder" Jed Rubenfeld
"The Welsh Girl" Peter Ho Davies

"Birdsong" Sebastian Faulks
"Small Island" Andrea Levy
"A Visit From The Goon Squad" Jennifer Egan



I have just finished "The Wicked Girls" which was a brilliant unputdownable read....and
"Life of Pi" has been on my list for three summers in a row, this year I will actually read it ;)

If you have any further recommendations or want to share your favourite book of 2012 so far, I'd love to hear it....my suitcase is not yet full!

What will you be reading this summer?

Happy Reading!!
(to enter my "The Hobbit" giveaway, click here....)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...