Friday, April 13, 2012

Scandinavian style - lighting


Friday is Scandinavian style day. And today I'll show you some pictures of great lighting. Most of the designers are from Denmark (bare with me, I'm loving the country). I want to be able to give you a "taste" of some of the classics of the mid-century (the 20Th that is) and some of the new and contemporary design.


Allow me to start with the PH lamps
PH stands for Poul Henningsen, a Danish designer (well, architect actually) responsible for a big range of wonderful lamps that we can see in most Scandinavian homes in all interior magazines... or through most of the windows here in Denmark (shame on me...I know I shouldn't look...but in my defence: the lamps are so beautiful!)
PH snowball pendant via DanishDesignStore
PH 5 via DanishDesignStore


By Arne Jacobsen, the AJ lamp floor.
photo via Sköna Hem    .     via DanishDesignStore































By Verner Panton, the Flowerpot pendant.
photo via Sköna Hem    .    photo via DanishDesignStore






























































And now for something contemporary.


By Norm.Architects, the Milk lamp.
via Norm.Architects


For Muuto, by TAF Archiects, Wood lamp.
photo via Residence     .     photo via Muuto


By Lightyears, Caravaggio Matt grey45
via LightYears


By Rikke Hagen, Big Orla and Orla lamps.
via Copen Hagen studio


For Karakter, Steel Lab Light by Andrea Kleinloog and Von Ribbek lamp by Laura StraBer.

via Karakter



For Muuto, by Mattias Ståhlbom, the E27
photo via Ambient Direct . photo via Muuto




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...