Sunday, April 22, 2012

chalckboard paint jar

As I mentioned earlier this week, I made my first experiment with chalkboard paint. I used an empty bottle of Cocio (Danish chocolate milk), that may or may not have been consumed with some hot-dogs... and got myself a nice black jar, but since I'm not good at keeping flowers alive I chose to use reeds instead.


I ordered the paint from Amazon (specific for smooth surfaces like ceramics or glass). You are supposed to paint the bottle and let it dry for 24h. Unfortunately, due to some inexperience or pure "nabness", I put to much paint in some areas, which covered parts of the nice texture the bottle has. And the jar is full of imperfections because the paint started running down like a candle melting. I love it anyway but my advise is to not use to much paint in the beginning, because it has a tendency to spread by itself when it's drying anyway. And then if need be, apply a second hand later. After it's dry, it goes in the oven for 35 minutes at 150.C. When it's done you can use chalk to write on it. Looks nice and it's fun.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...