Thursday, February 14, 2013

The Proposal : Happy Valentine's Day




....the most romantic moment of my life wasn't my wedding day....
it was, far and away, the moment my husband proposed to me.

I've talked about it on my blog before ....
it was a Sunday in December in NYC & we'd paused for a quiet moment whilst cycling around Central Park on our rented bikes.

It was a movie-style romantic moment.
Sixteen years ago but I can still remember as though it was just last year.
The crowds melted away & it was just us.
It was a total surprise....
I can remember he was halfway through his speech before my brain (and my heart) realised what was about to happen.

My whole world changed in that moment....
I can remember feeling that everything somehow looked different afterwards.
It still takes my breath away when I think about it.

It is without doubt, the most perfect & special moment of my life.

We are bound together, whatever challenges we face....it's us against that big ol' world.

To my husband....
for being there day after day.... 
for all the good qualities that make you you....
for being a safe pair of hands & for having a warm & generous heart.

I love you.
Happy Valentine's Day.











this is one of my favourite ever wedding pictures....such an elegant & stunning couple 

We always exchange a gift, sometimes just something small but special....
it's always the thought that counts.

Such lovely candles here .....
such a beautiful & romantic gift, personalised & scented.
Perfect for Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...