Sunday, February 17, 2013

London Life : Sunday Afternoon, Hampstead Heath



London's Hampstead Heath is the most beautiful green space....
790 acres of meadows, hills, fields, lakes, nooks, crannies, historical features, pond, parks, woodlands and breathtaking views over London.

Just a short walk away from where I live, I have walked on it so many times....
criss-crossing it in all weathers.
Heading in the direction of Primrose Hill, Kenwood House or Hampstead High Street.

I usually walk via Highgate across the Heath to Hampstead with a friend once a week....
we head in the same direction but always seem to come out at a slightly different exit point, I'm never exactly where I think I am.

And that's what I love so much about the Heath - that even after all these years I can still get slightly lost there....
I'll probably never be able to walk all of it & I'll continue to lose my bearings.
It will always be bigger than me....
and the feeling of space, calm & freedom that it brings every single time is wonderful. 

It's a wonderful place to walk any day of the week....
at various points, you can get some wonderful views over London, panoramas that you could never tire of.

Great websites for the Heath can be found here & here  - or just head up to Hampstead and walk in whichever direction you choose.        

 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...