Monday, February 11, 2013

It Takes A Village....


I had no idea of the response that I was going to get when I wrote my parenting post last Friday.

It's a really hard thing to admit that things feel like they are going wrong, really wrong....
especially when you're talking about your own parenting & your family.

And sometimes when you're feeling unhappy or scared, it's difficult to know where to start when attempting to explain what the issues are. 

It prompted a huge wave of comments, emails & Facebook comments.....
all overflowing with genuine concern, support and understanding.

The kindness of people I've never met, wanting to help & make it better.

People shared many of their own experiences, some of which were very personal.

My post was about the struggles I am currently having with my 11 year old daughter....
it's been a pretty stressful situation - we're not just talking eye-rolling & refusing to wear a coat to school. I have been at my wit's end.
To say it's unfamiliar territory in our relationship would be an understatement.

I cannot even tell you how enormously helpful your replies, ideas, thoughts & suggestions were....
I was quite overwhelmed & it really took me the whole week-end to even begin to process it all.

I read all the responses over & over. And then again & again.

I am honestly so touched by everyone's concern, I cannot thank you enough.

you gave me another perspective
you gave me hope
you made me realise that you too had been in this situation - and survived
you told me that it was okay to ask for help

I have lots of thinking to do but I do feel more confident that we can somehow move forward.
I don't think that it will all be resolved overnight & it's not going to be easy or pain-free.
But....somehow, we'll get through it.

Thank you so so so much....
the saying is that it takes a village and last week-end was absolute proof of that.

       

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...