Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Chocolate Mousse


One of the easiest desserts I've ever made and not less delicious because of it. This is my mothers recipe of an airy, fluffy mousse, not to dark and not to sweet. It's the mousse I used to eat in my childhood (there was no birthday party without it) with strawberries or strawberry jelly. I decided to serve it in individual flasks , which made it a lot more fun and perfect for eating in from of the TV while watching my favourite series.  Hope you like it.

250g dark cooking chocolate
4 table spoons confectioners sugar
1 table spoon butter 
8 eggs ( 8 yolks, 7 whites)

Melt the chocolate with the butter (I did it in the microwave) and mix. Add the yolks and the sugar to the chocolate and mix well. Beat the egg whites until stiffened. Add the whites to the chocolate mixture and mix it slowly with a whisker until you get an airy mixture. Pour the mouse in a bowl, or like in my case in small recipients/flasks for individual portions, and let it rest in the fridge for at least 1 hour. In my opinion it tastes better if you leave it longer, but that's a matter of personal taste. If you like it darker and stronger just add less egg whites. Oh! And for some extra "punch", and when we got older, my father used to had a bit of whisky or Frangelico (hazelnut liquor). 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...