Friday, October 19, 2012

Scones


When the days start getting shorter and darker, and it's cold and raining outside, there's nothing better than a warm cup of tea and some sort of "munchies" while watching a good series on TV. And there's no better "munchie" for this than scones. My problem was that I didn't really like the recipe I had. The scones would get very compact and hard. I swear they could make a hole in the wall if I had thrown them. So I asked my sister if she had a good scones recipe that I could try. She gave me the one I'm posting here and I'm very happy about it. Done it twice now (in a week!) because it's so easy and quick to make, and the scones are delicious. Even Emil, that is normally picky with this sort of food, loved them. 

3 cups of flour
2 tea spoons of baking powder
½ tea spoon sal
125g (half a pack) butter
1 cup milk
1 egg

1 yolk to brush on top of the scones.

Mix very well all the ingredients in a bowl. Pre-heat the oven at 180.C. Shape the scones and placed them on an oven tray covered with cooking paper. with these quantities I made 9 scones, but I like them big(ish). Brush the top of the scones with the remaining yolk. Goes to the oven at 180.C for 30 minutes (more or less depending on the oven).

I love having them right out of the oven, with butter and my home made jams, and when no one is looking I also add some whipped cream (shame on me!).




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...