Thursday, November 3, 2011

A New Language


Moving to a new country means having to learn a new language. A whole bunch of new sounds (9 vowels! really!...couldn´t you make it simpler?), silent and soft ds and gs, different sentence structures...I swear I have dreams where I am a verb or adverb or a subject...
Its a constant struggle, at home, to try and speak danish as much as possible. We are so used to speaking english with each other that its hard to now change to another language.
And my mind has to constantly go from portuguese to english to danish...then back...danish, english, portuguese... Ufff!
But I have to admit that the first time I went to a shop and asked something in danish I felt very proud of myself.
It´s hard but very exciting. A whole new language, a whole new speech, just waiting to be explored...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...