Sunday, April 10, 2011

It All Goes Back In The Box...

I've been watching the show 'Hoarders' a bit lately. I'm quite weirdly fascinated by the reasons people 'hoard', how their lives get away from them, and how the process of cleaning out their homes effects them so intensely.

I've also spent a lot of time thinking about consumerism, materialistic lifestyles, and what's important.

The whole question of why we buy, collect, store, covet, and surround ourselves with the stuff we do is something I'm very drawn to and intrigued by.

Whilst I have an eclectic style of decorating, and I love my displays of affection, I've always been an exceedingly organised, tidy, and generally very clean housekeeper.

I'm also known as the 'Queen of decluttering' by those who know me well. Truth be told, I'm probably a tad too ruthless!

The people I share an office with generally end up apologising if their desk is messy... I think they must think they're spoiling the office for me or something. (Which generally they're not, as long as my patch is workable for me, I'm happy!).

Anyhow.... I just found this video to be quite thought provoking and direct.



It all goes 'back in the box'.

Linda. xox

******

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...