Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Tomato & Curry Soup



I have an obsessive/compulsive behaviour towards a few things. One is coffee, as you may have noticed in a couple of previous posts. Another one is "The Little Prince" books... I have 7, in different languages, and every time I walk into a book shop it takes all my strength and self control not to buy another one. But just recently I discovered another one... Tomato Soup with Grilled Cheese. 

I found out about this just 2 days ago. It was lunch time and I got home from language school, completely frozen because there were -8. C outside. Turned on my computer and started browsing Pinterest as per usual. Then I noticed that for the 3rd time I was pinning a picture of tomato soup, and that was at least the 100th time I was drooling over a picture of it. 

As I normally do with my little obsessions I decided to completely surrender and for the first time in my life...oh yes...I made my own Tomato Soup with Grilled Cheese. Can´t really say I have a recipe for it because it was like I was being possessed by the spirit of all the recipes I read so far, and kept throwing things in the pot. But at the last minute I decided to add a pinch of curry and I definitely don´t regret it! 

(for 2 bowls)
Olive oil
3 cloves of garlic
cherry tomatoes (a small pack, cut them in half and smash them into the pot)
1/3 green pepper chopped
1 1/5 cup (300 ml) of chicken broth
1 table spoon of ketchup
1 table spoon of sweet chili
1 table spoon of sugar
a pinch of curry (quantity depends on how brave you feel)

All cooked for 15 min and passed through a strainer in the end. Fresh basil leaves to finish.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...