Sunday, October 3, 2010

Monday Music - Manamana

This is where it all began (personally one of my fave articles ever!!).

Music is SO important to the happiness of my home. :)

Now most Monday mornings when the working week looms I'll try to post a fave song or some music I'm listening to at the moment to provide some musical motivation.

So my little groovers......... here's today's installment!

*****************************

Today I have a song that harks waaaayyyyy back to my childhood. I used to watch Sesame Street every morning before school for years, and my mum would bring me my vegemite on toast, and sometimes a boiled egg and bread and butter fingers for brekkie (mmmmmmmm).

This is the original version of Manamana, and I laughed out loud when I found it a few weeks ago. It's the fault of the Swedish Chef, because I came across it when I stumbled on his videos for a post a while back.

The thing is, over the years, I've sung this little ditty alot! I've been in quite a few theatre shows (I perform in amateur musical theatre quite a bit) where it's been an 'in joke' amongst the cast to start up the 'manamana' refrain at any odd moment. Imagine what it's like with a room full of 'thespians' (and we're all slighty bonkers you know), doing the 'Manamana' part in crazy fashion - so much fun!

It's also very interesting to bust out a little 'Manamana' when there's a break in the conversation and see if the person you're talking to used to watch Sesame Street too... you usually end up having a good giggle.

Anyhow, enough rambling over a simple muppet discovery. Here it is....makes me happy.....



And, as always when thinking of our 'Musical Must Haves' section...

Ask yourself: 'Do I L.O.V.E music?'

Which leads to: 'Have I got enough of it in my home and in my life?'

Because: Good interior design caters to ALL our senses, not just our eyes.... that's why I call it 'Atmospheric Design' instead!

Linda. xox

P.S:  Bec over at the lovely 'Memory Garden' has some Monday Morning Music too!! Hop on over and listen if you'd like a 'beautiful day'!

******


The Original Musical Must Have:

******

Let's talk on Twitter!
Straight from me to YOU - subscribe!
New to Heartfire At Home? Start here.
And if, perchance, you BELIEVE.... join here.

******

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...