Friday, July 5, 2013

A Happy & Hot Week-end!


So happy it's Friday and the start of what is going to be a super-hot week-end in London....
summer is here and there's no looking back.
I have ice cream & ice lollies in the freezer, flip-flops on my feet & sun-cream at the ready :)

Wimbledon fever is here, as I type I am awaiting Andy Murray's semi-final match on Centre Court, great excitement if he makes it through to Sunday's final.

When I was at school my friend's father was an umpire at Wimbledon & the train line that ran behind our school went straight to Wimbledon, we'd often catch the train down in the evening & get free tickets from the people who were leaving for the day.
We were tennis obsessed, I've always loved Wimbledon.


I met the lovely Edd Kimber (winner of the first series of The Great British Bake Off) at a blog event yesterday and have been inspired to bake a fabulous birthday cake for my husband's birthday this week-end....I also got to try my hand at making cake pops, not quite as tricky as I thought and definitely lots of fun!

Edd is a fantastic baker and I also found this fabulous ice cream recipe on his website yesterday, perfect for a summer picnic.

Happy Week-end, hope the sun is shining where you are....

Google Reader has now finished, you can follow my blog at Bloglovin here or sign up for an email subscription.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...