Monday, April 15, 2013

House & Home : Cool Spaces for Children


I'm working on a new look for my son's room & found lots inspiration, as always, on Pinterest.
He's seven years old now....
no longer toddler & his room needs reflect that.
He has a lot of "stuff"....
lots of small bits & pieces such as lego, building items, trains, small cars etc,
so good storage is essential.

I think the best spaces for children - and what appeals to me most about the images below - 
feature colour, space, inspiration, storage and fun.
They should be simple and functional too.

Maps, globes, colourful prints....possibly his own artwork, are a great way of making it feel like it's their space.

My son loves to read too, so a large beanbag or a comfy reading spot would be perfect for him.

I'm still in my "white" phase and if I could, I'd love to paint his floorboards white and add a great rug....for now though, I'll have to stick with carpet.

So many possibilities....wouldn't it be fun to be an interior designer?!












all images via Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...