Monday, October 4, 2010

Magical Memories Of Gnomes.....A Gift From 31 Years Ago...


There's gnomes, and then there's Gnomes! This is one of the good looking ones I think. ;)

Very suave little gentlemen he is.

And, I'm a little bit embarrassed to say........... I have a minor 'thing' for gnomes.

Erm, um..... well there it is.

There IS a reason behind this strange attraction to gnomeness however.

When I was little, my mum and dad gave me this gorgeous book about gnomes (31 years ago this December) ...... here it is in all its glory.....




Oh how I loved that book, and still do, completely.




I pored over it for hour upon hour, taking in all the glorious pictures and delighting in the magical, whimsical, and mischievous nature of it all!




I even drew a picture in my 'little book of drawings and notes' because I was so enamoured with gnomes. (You had to be VERY important to make it into my 'special book'.)


My handwriting was never great when I was little though - lol. (And, it's worse today I think - should have been a doctor!)

So, whenever I see a gnome that reminds me of that precious book, (which still takes pride of place on my bookshelf), I can't resist smiling, and remembering my mum and dad, and the gift they gave me 31 years ago.

What have you got on display that brings back wonderful memories?

Linda. xox

******

Let's talk on Twitter!
Straight from me to YOU - subscribe!
New to Heartfire At Home? Start here.
And if, perchance, you BELIEVE.... join here.

******

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...