Monday, August 9, 2010

Lost For Words.... Book Sculptures

So, if you've read a few posts here and there on this blog you probably know that I've 'gotta thing' for owls, butterflies, books, and trees (among other things).

Imagine then, my utter amazement when I came across the magical work of Su Blackwell via Papaya a few days ago.

Speechless.

These are book-cut sculptures..... and as I really don't have the vocab to describe how much these fascinate me, and how much they sing to my heart..... I'll show you some pictures instead.







You can see many more of these deliriously good works of art in Su Blackwell's fascinating portfolio.

I'm not sure which is my favourite, but I do know if I had one in my home it would receive an almost reverent look and sigh of contentment whenever I walked past it....... a connection to things I love via a medium I love.

Linda. xox

******
More - I also have a 'thing for maps and globes'...... and here's some great photos to show various ways to incorporate them into your home's design.

******

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...