Tuesday, July 27, 2010

What Is It You're Craving For Your Home But Haven't Tried Yet? 3 Questions To Ask Yourself...


There's something I've been literally craving for a while.

Something I'd love to do in my current home..... but I've been putting it off.

Why?

Because I ask myself questions like...
  • But what if I need to sell in a few years and this puts prospective buyers off?
  • What if I decide to rent my property out instead of selling, but no-one likes what I've done?
  • What if visitors think I'm a bit 'over the top'?
But the thing is..... I really FEEL like I want to do this. And, feelings are really important when you're creating a home that sings to your soul. A home that nurtures, supports, and cradles you. A home that simply makes you outrageously happy. :)

So I've decided those very same questions above are vital things to consider...... but in the REVERSE!

So the questions become:
  • What would I do if I NEVER had to think about selling this property or who would buy it?
  • What would I do if I NEVER had to consider its rental potential?
  • What would I do if EVERYONE who visited automatically loved my home no matter what? (And by the way, I've not had anyone in my home who hasn't made comment about the feeling of coziness or happiness it exudes - so I guess I should trust my senses with my next decorating adventure anyway!)
Because, I've come to the conclusion that in my heart (and most probably in yours), there are still unrealised dreams...... unfulfilled wishes........ unused ideas........

.....and there's no reason they shouldn't be attempted, and at the same time every reason they should!

My home is an extension of me.

It surrounds me with happiness.

It overflows with a vibe that brings peace and contentment into my life.

It externalises the bits of me (and the memories of my life) I love the most, and reflects them back to me in ways I enjoy.

So why shouldn't I listen to my heart's craving and 'have-a-go' at what it's telling me it desires next in my decorating adventures? Particularly if I can undertake my decorating wish without too much damage or irreversable action!

I think I need to write down a priority list and put this next 'hankering' at the very tip top!

What about you?

What is it you'd like to do in your home?

What is it you've been thinking of doing, but too scared to try (for whatever reason)?

What is it you'd love to 'have-a-go' at, but feel as if you don't 'know' how to start?

Pssssst........... I think you should just DO IT (thanks Nike)......... and see what happens. :)

Linda. xox

******
P.S: My 'hankering' is a room full of wallpaper. Big, bold, geometric (or maybe floral) wallpaper.

I keep wondering what the rather conservative members of my city would think if I put my home on the market within the next few years (after all, people get very distracted by wall colour and wallpaper when looking at houses to buy, even though it's so easy to fix.)

But, as it IS so easy to change a colour, and relatively easy to strip wallpaper now-a-days.... I can always change it before selling or renting!

Or, maybe, knowing how my home vibrates with a welcoming and comfortable feeling, I could trust in its ability to attract a new owner that loves it just as much as I do ( if I ever need to sell it).

******

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...