Thursday, March 11, 2010

BATH WEEK: HOW FIVE GREAT BATHROOMS MAGICALLY CAME MY WAY

Bath 1: A pedestal sink, authentic subway tiles and a white porcelain mosaic tile floor with a black chain link border all come together to make this a bath a timeless classic. (above)

Labor Day was a good day for me! I say that because on this Labor Day...I did absolutely no work but ended up with a design treasure trove of photos...all thanks to CJ...a Blackberry...and fab architect Kevin Oreck.

Here's what happened...was out with movie producer friend CJ (I mention the movie producer part not to be "tres Hollywood" but because I think the producing skill set of making things happen are very relevant to this story). After I whined that I had run out of bathrooms for BATH WEEK on COCOCOZY, CJ seemed somewhat alarmed (an interior design blog person who had run out of interior design ideas/resources? hmmm...). All of a sudden, in the middle of a social afternoon, thanks to my effective whining and the pathetic look of desperation and hopelessness on my face, the producer in CJ came out; this creative problem solver's instincts kicked in (thank goodness)! Before I knew it, CJ whipped out a Blackberry and was explaining my plight (or non life threatening need for photos) to an architect friend. In a split second thereafter, I was talking to Los Angeles architect Kevin Oreck who was saying he would send me photos the next day. The next day Kevin sent me photos.

Magic!

So, for your viewing pleasure and without an ounce of effort from me, here are five well designed baths and an introduction to another great architect, Kevin Oreck! Covering the range of the style spectrum from classic to modern...these rooms illustrate tasteful bath design.


Bath 1: A white subway tile nook holds the bathroom's drop in tub. (above)



Bath 2: Modern and tradition are successfully combined in this bath with blue mosaic tiles, a dark walnut stained vanity with marble counters and a white tile floor laid in a brick pattern. (above)



Bath 3: This modern bath with a counter to ceiling mosaic backsplash feels earthy, natural and spa-like to me! (above)



Bath 4: In a classic bathroom, two pedestal sinks are positioned under windows and elegantly flank a tall built in bathroom cabinet. (above)




Bath 4: The all white bathroom gets a pop of design and style with black tile borders and trim on the floor and along the chair rail. (above)



Bath 5: A perfectly cute bath features a vaulted white wood plank ceiling, capiz shell round "lotus" chandelier, a light blue wall color and a chic hexagon marble mosaic tile floor. (above)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...