Monday, July 23, 2012

Monday thoughts.....






Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecakes 







This past week has been as emotionally overloaded as any week of my life that I can remember for a very long time.

On Friday my daughter left her lovely school of seven years....
it's been a long and, at times, challenging year....
this term she took important exams & spent 5 days away from us as part of an activity trip. 
Two weeks my very nervous girl sang a solo as part of her class musical production.

This week was a crescendo of parties, picnics, presentations, good-byes, much excitement....
culminating in the final school assembly on Friday morning, attended by the rest of the school & us.

As emotional & heart-wrenching events go, school assemblies are for me right up there....
I have yet to make it through one without tears and Friday was no exception.

It was a beautiful event, presented almost entirely by the children themselves....
a wonderful balance of humour, sentiment, memories, smiles, songs & plenty of emotion....
I felt as if someone was squeezing my heart extremely tightly the all way through!!
Emotionally draining to say the least....it's taken me most of this week-end to recover.

The tears were mostly from the parents though....the children are all ready to move on, almost all of them will be going to the same local school & they are all incredibly excited.

And so today is the first day of the school holidays....hoorah!!
We are due some good weather & London is supposed to be hot & sunny all week long.

We are off to Hampstead Heath today....
it's a perfect day for a picnic, a good coffee, a new cupcake shop & some exploring.
For now though, both my children are still fast asleep....I love holiday mornings!

Happy Monday!!   



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...