Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Last minute play on a "Tortilla"





To warm up a cold and boring winter day I just need some left overs (in this case the rest of a potato gratin), eggs and bit of inspiration spirit flowing in my veins.

Make a layer of potatos (can even be chips directly from the bag) on the bottom of a bowl or tray. Make a second layer with the protein of choice (sausages, chicken, shrimps). Add some vegetables (optional...I used sweet corn) and cheese. Pour the eggs well mix with a bit of chicken broth, 2 tea spoons of flour and parsley and season with salt and pepper.
60 min in the oven at 160.C and it´s done. 

I like to have it with cherry tomatoes, and since I´m now a Danish girl I was just taught that this dish is called an Æggekage and it should be eaten with a slice of dark bread on the side...(obviously!)

Bom apetite!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...