Friday, March 18, 2011

Happiness Is Not....


I found this picture on a lovely Tumblr called 'Peace - That Was The Other Name For Home'.

What a beautiful name, and such a lovely phrase and sentiment (the name of the Tumblr, that is).

The quote in the picture is interesting too..... I'm not sure I've been able to make happiness a way of life... it eludes me sometimes (maybe more than sometimes). But I think we need to know sadness, grief, and all the wide range of emotions to really know and feel what happiness is when we do experience it.

I do think I'm far better now than ever before at finding happiness in small things, simple occurrences, and single moments.

I don't need to feel blissed out, bounding with wild joy, or jumping with excitement (as much as those feelings are magnificent when they do happen), to feel steady happiness and contentment.

Reading a favourite book whilst curled up in my favourite chair and sipping a cup of tea is enough to make me feel happy and carefree.

Maybe in its own way that does mean I've made happiness sort of a way of life..... because I accept that it doesn't have to be HUGE, and I accept that not everything is going to be great, but I also know in the end.... it will all be OK.

Rather than chasing happiness and getting anxious if I'm not feeling it, I let it flow around me as it wishes, with the knowledge that if I stay as positive as I can no matter what life throws at me, do my best, and I let myself feel whatever I need to whenever I need to... it's always waiting there for me.

Hmmmmmm, rambling away late on a Friday night. I think it's time for bed. (Actually, it's nearly 1 am on Sat morning - definitely time for sleep!)

Happy weekend everyone!

Linda. xox

******

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...